Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Flower Pot Card







In an attempt to use up current supplies before they retire at the end of June I tried the Flower Pot card using the template designed by Andrea Walford at www.andreawalford. com. The insert of the flower pot pulls out and can be used to write your comments (i.e, Get Well, Thanks A Bunch, Thinking of You) or use rub-ons. For the flowers and leaves (kiwi kiss) I used the Sizzlets Set Birds and Blooms die Large Flower (apricot) with Riding Hood Red Designer Button Bouquet and linen thread, and the die Flower Pieces (Pacific Blue and Baja Breeze) with a So Saffron brad from Rich Regals collection. Another Large Flower using Designer Paper from Sweet Slumber and a Baja Breeze button from the Designer Button series Button Bouquet. Finally a Pink Pirouette flower from the Fleurette Collection with a Brocade Blue brad in the center. I folded the leaves in half for dimenson and brought the flower petals up a little for depth. I used mini dots to hold the flowers and leaves to the top of the insert card. Using the templates by Andrea I placed them on the textured card stock(Sweet Slumber) and folded where indicated. I finished the flower pot off with a piece of white taffata ribbon. The hardest part of the card was deciding what flowers I wanted to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment