Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Field Flowers






When I saw Mary Brown's card using Field Flowers I knew I had to try duplicating it in some way. I played with the positioning of the SU stamp Hello,Doily using Crumb Cake ink and CS several different ways until I got what I wanted. I stamped over this with the Field Flowers stamp set using Basic Black ink and added three brads from the Neutral collection.I mounted this onto Early Expresso CS.

Since I had several samples (mistakes)left over from my attempt to duplicate the front of the card I decided to use these inside the card. Using the Lace Ribbon Punch I added a layer to the left side of the card and I knew my (mistakes) unused creativity would work well with the new Peekabook Frame die. Under the flap I stamped with the Easy Events stamp set and paper pieced the frosting and cupcake holder using DSP Just Add Cake. I finished the design using the SU Write Markers.

Lesson to be learned from making this card - never throw away something that later can be used as a background to compliment your card.

No comments:

Post a Comment